Known Issue and work around
Granting permissions to register for a
Last update: 14 May 2013 -- 11:45pm
While the glitch with updating existing permissions appears to be
fixed, a new issue was brought to my attention early this morning.
CUNY Centralm is working on the new problem, but there is no
final solution yet.
Users may see a strange and seemingly counter-intuitive error message when trying to save a new permission, saying that an ID number must be entered. The problems seems to occur only when the following conditions are met ( watch this brief video clip.)
This results in
- the class has multiple sections
- the user added more than one new line, but did not enter IDs in all of them before clicking "save"
- the user opted to have the permission applied to all section
Then trying to enter another permission (by either the same user or
somebody else later) will result in the error message that an ID
number must be entered. This does not seem to make any sense,
but is triggered by empty ID fields in other sections.
- the empty rows on the section wehere the ID was entered get removed
- but the other sections to which the permission was copied now
have an empty row (empty ID field) -- not immediately visible unless
the user deliberately switches to other sections
HOW to FIX if you get this error message:
Now, class permissions will work again for this class.
- Check all sections for this class and remove any empty (no ID) rows by clicking the "-" button
- In the end, click the "save" button